Tuesday, August 2, 2011

July Ensign

Great idea for July reading Hannah...especially since July is such a busy month for everyone! I just want you all to know though, that if you would like more time to read...have a baby! I get to sit and read every time she's hungry, and babies are hungry a lot! Although, I'm sure that will eventually change and I'll be chasing her around instead of holding her and reading.

Anyway, the July Ensign...I think I read practically the entire thing in one day. My favorite article in it though, was the first presidency message by President Monson entitled, 'Love at Home'. I felt like it was taylored just for my needs since Wes and I have just added to our family. There is some wonderful counsel in this article, but my favorite part was this: "What is most important almost always involves the people around us. Often we assume that they must know how much we love them. But we should never assume; we should let them know."

It is true; the most important people in our lives are those in our families and those closest to us. We need to let them know how much we love them. I think we need to show them and tell them. We can't just do one or the other. It needs to be both. So, I challenge each of us to think of someone close to us that we haven't been serving or that has been a little harder to love lately and show them or tell them how much we care. Good Luck, and I hope you all are having a fun summer!

No comments: