Sunday, October 16, 2011

Anna Karenina

The thing that struck me most in this book was the contrasts between all of the characters. My favorite character in the book is Levin because of the things that he chooses to pursue in his life.  While Anna is pursuing pleasures and passions throughout the story, Levin chooses to strive for a life of work, family and things that are both honorable and good. I think the story has a good lesson, becuase in the end, Levin is happy and contented with the simple life he has made for himself, while Anna is totally consumed with jealousy and depression. All in all, I enjoyed the story. I wish that I had read an abridged version (if one even exists). And I again apologize for choosing such a lengthy book. I will be nicer to you all next time!

No comments: