Tuesday, December 7, 2010

To Get You Excited

Here is a little introduction to December's book and why I chose it

My grandparents are my librarians. They make suggestions to me of what I should read and tell me about what they are reading for their two book clubs every month.  In fact it is because of their love of reading that I was most interested in joining this book club.  
When I was home in August they gave me a copy of this book (in fact, this is the cover on my copy) and they highly recommended it. I've had a little struggle getting into it but I'm 60 pages in now and the story is really picking up. It's one of those books that you just have to keep reading to understand what is going on.

Here is some praise for The Maltese Falcon 

 "The Maltese Falcon is not only probably the best detective story we have ever read, it is an exceedingly well written novel" -The Time Literary Supplement London

"Hammett's prose is clean and entirely unique.  His characters are as sharply and economically defined as any in American Fiction" -The New York Times

Enjoy!


No comments: