Monday, May 17, 2010

My thoughts on Pursued

I've been done with it for a while, but I didn't want to be the first one to comment - so thanks Bekah :)

It was definitely an intriguing read full of adventure, but it wasn't all that great in my opinion. It was just super cheesy and I know that's the kind of novel that it was, but all through out the book the heroine was predicting every move. It was kind of disappointing for her to be right...every single time!

The things that bothered me the most was that there were some errors like typos and stuff. But in the first little bit of the book, remember how she was being followed by the terrorist in the gray turtleneck and black jacket. Well then towards the end of a chapter it said that she was sure the guy in the black turtleneck wasn't chasing her. I don't want to be stingy, but at first I was kind of confused. I was like, what guy was that?

Anyhow, I'm probably just being to critical. It wasn't that bad. Maybe I would've liked it better to listen to it like you Bekah. That's a good idea.

I'll say something good about it now, I feel so picky. I liked how she didn't give you all the background of the characters at the very beginning. So, I take it that there's a book before this one? But I like the way the author slowly gave you the details behind all the relationships of the characters. At first it bothered me because I had no idea who anyone was, but it added some interest for the reader and it was a more interesting way to find out the details in chunks instead of getting the whole history all at once.

The book also really makes me want to go to England! (as long as there are no terrorist plots) I want to go pick Dustin up from his mission next year so bad!!!

No comments: