Thursday, March 25, 2010

Have A Little Faith

I haven't gotten a chance to finish the book yet, but it's not because I'm a slacker I swear! Ha ha! I'm a big fan of Mitch Albom because of Tuesdays with Morrie and I'm glad that he references that part of his life in this book because it really shaped him to be the person that could write a eulogy for such a great man as Albert Lewis.
At first I couldn't figure out why Henry's story was incorporated. In fact, it didn't even sink in that he was the pastor until it said that his mother always said he would be a preacher. Its very interesting to see how extremely different lifestyles found their faith.
I feel sorry for my Atheist friends. How sad and scary is a life with nothing to depend on but humanity? When I am alone I need to pray until I feel comfort from my Heavenly Father and the peace that everything will work out if I am living righteously. I've been blessed with strong faith and there is a great quote from the Reb that I find encouraging for those who are lacking in faith, "It is far more comforting to think God listened and said no, than to think that nobody's out there."
I also really like his secret to happiness, "Be satisfied. Be grateful for what you have. For the love you receive. And for what God has given you. That's it."
Life is simple. We complicate it. I'm very excited to finish this book and I'm sure tears are going to come when the Reb passes, but I know that they will be tears of joy for his life, gratitude for his wisdom, and peace at his next stage in life. I bet he's a Mormon now... :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What I'd like to read for the next book...
The Help, (I've read it. So good!!! I want to share is with so many people)
The Scarlet Pimpernel, or Atonement by Ian McEwan (I've read this one too. LOVE IT!!!!)
But these are just my thoughts.